29.8.08

Wuhan - Day Two 26th August 2008

The Market in the morning!

Having a bowl of noodles soup for breakfast!

Welcome Speech!

Everyone Listening Intently..

View From our classroom Block

Karen's and My dorm room, ain't it neat??



This morning got up really early to get ready for the welcoming orientation hosted by the university. Turns out that the university’s having their summer break. I am quite grateful to them for rushing to prepare the rooms, heater, internet, and our arrival.

The orientation was very brief, the Dean spoke in crisp English, after which we took a tour of our classroom and lecture theatre. Not bad a place, but it still feels different. However we can’t compare cause we are overseas.

Anyways, in the afternoon, half of the class went out with Mr Puah to get prepaid cards, from 2.30pm to 6plus. Karen and I were wondering what took so long, but it’s alright, our internet cables came! We were so excited; I managed to speak with my family! But after a few hours, the internet went down. It was really bad because it was not fixed till the next afternoon.

In the evening, I had cup noodles for dinner. After which some of us went to the night street behind the hostel to get some snacks.I slept quite early today because we have lesson at 9am the next morning.

-sam